[ovs-discuss] OpenVSwitch latency issues

Chris contact at progbau.de
Wed Oct 15 11:42:31 UTC 2014

Hello

We upgraded the ovs user space version to 2.3.
The kernel module is still the shipped one: CentOS 6.5 Linux
2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64
We didn't see a big performance improvement.

Here some more data, it's hard to see the hits & miss they seemed to be
unchanged, but the flows has reduced drastically. The ovs-vswitchd consumes
around 5% - 10 % CPU on both and almost no memory.

Version 1.11:
- around 5000 flows
- around 3500 hits per second
- around 700 miss per second