[ovs-discuss] which part of OVS code deals with rule selection and forwarding of packets

tim huang pdshly at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 21:40:40 UTC 2014

It depends if there is the cache in the kernel space. if there is, the
packet will be forwarded within kernel space. If not, it will also need the
program in the user space.

 you can take a look at the article which helped me a lot.
http://wangcong.org/blog/archives/2131

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Padma Jayasankar <padmajs80 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>   In OVS, when a packet arrives(when i give a ping requrst in mininet),
> which part of the code handles the incoming packet. (ie) which part finds
> the matching rule and forwards the packet to next switch.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Padma V

Thanks
Tim