[ovs-discuss] Error in running on NetBSD

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Oct 28 15:58:54 UTC 2014

If I recall correctly, NetBSD doesn't allow the user to choose the names
of tap interfaces.  The kernel selects the names of tap interfaces and
userspace cannot influence or change the names.  So you may have to deal
with it.

Normally you would use your system tools to configure IP address, etc.
With GNU/Linux that's "ifconfig" or "ip"; with NetBSD I do not know.