[ovs-discuss] deleting the flows of bridge connecting the patch port, cause the another bridge to always upcall the packet to userspace in OVS 2.0.2

Liuyongqiang (A) liu.liuyongqiang at huawei.com
Wed Oct 29 08:58:24 UTC 2014

operating steps:
1 add the bridge br-eth;
ovs-vsctl add-br br-eth -- set bridge br-eth datapath_type=netdev
2 add the bridge br-int;
ovs-vsctl add-br br-int -- set bridge br-int datapath_type=netdev
3 add the physical port;
ovs-vsctl add-port br-eth eth2 -- set port eth2 other_config:port_type=physical
4 connect the two bridge with patch port;
ovs-vsctl -- add-port br-int patch-eth -- set interface patch-eth type=patch options:peer=patch-int
ovs-vsctl -- add-port br-eth patch-int -- set interface patch-int type=patch options:peer=patch-eth
5 delete the flows of bridge br-int;
ovs-ofctl del-flows br-int
6 create the vm and connect the br-eth with the tap port;
7 send packet to eth2.

with above operations,I find that the bridge br-eth always upcall the packet to the userspace,and the flow action type always
is OVS_ACTION_ATTR_USERSPACE in datapath,so the packet must be upcalled to userspace and  used the fuction dpif_netdev_execute
to transmit to output port. I don't know is this a problem of OVS-2.0.2, does any body know about this problem.

I find that this problem is fixed in OVS-2.3.0.