[ovs-discuss] ovs 2.3 kernel module build failed on rhel 7.0 GA

Flavio Leitner fbl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 14:43:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 10:30:43PM +0800, Gang U Xu wrote:
> [root at rhel7-i7 openvswitch]# rpmbuild -bb -D "kversion `uname -r`"
> rhel/openvswitch-kmod-fedora.spec
>
> Seemed most steps are the same except I used openvswitch-kmod-rhel6.spec.
> Why use fedora.spec for rhel 7.0?

I haven't tried rhel6.spec at all.  Since RHEL-7 GA is still recent,
it would be close enough to fedora spec and I found it builds just fine.
Maybe we can create a rhel7 spec to be more clear about this.

Just out of curiosity, could you explain why you are not using the
openvswitch module provided by the rhel-7 kernel package?

Thanks,
fbl