[ovs-discuss] pps throughput depending on the number of flows

Alexander Shalimov ashalimov at arccn.ru
Tue Sep 2 20:54:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

We recently finished with throughput measurements of OVS. We saw that
phy-to-phy throughput became higher with the increasing number of flows:
#1. 1 flow, phy-to-phy, 64 bytes packets => 1Mpps
#2. 32 flows (1 src ip, 32 dst ips), phy-to-phy, 64 bytes packets => 9Mpps

Could anyone explain why that happens: for 1 flow we have only 1Mpps,
but for 32flows we have 9Mpps? It seems to be related to multicore and
concurrency. But where is this code located (flow scheduling and etc)?

Thanks and Regards!

--
С уважением, |  Sincerely,
Александр.   |  Alexander.