[ovs-discuss] any idea to change the link speed?

tim huang pdshly at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 20:06:56 UTC 2014

yes, I can understand. However, I'm not working on the production or real
network but trying to implement some of my thoughts with openvswitch and I
only need to set the link speed lower to create artificial congestion in
the network.

>From my understanding, the only way to set the openvswitch port speed is to
use openvswitch with some of physical NICs, right? Even setup the network
within a ESXi server using different virtual machines for openvswitches and
hosts can not change the port link speed of the openvswitches.

Thanks for your patient replies

--
Thanks
Tim