[ovs-discuss] dpdk options in ovs-vswitchd

Vinod, Chegu chegu_vinod at hp.com
Tue Sep 30 10:56:07 UTC 2014

<re-posting as the earlier message didn't go thru>

Hello,

I just git cloned the OVS tree and was trying out the instructions given in INSTALL.DPDK ('am using DPDK 1.7.0) and ran into this :

# ./vswitchd/ovs-vswitchd --dpdk -c 0x1 -n 4 --socket-mem 1024,0    ./vswitchd/ovs-vswitchd: invalid option -- 'n'   -- unix:$DB_SOCK --pidfile --detach

./vswitchd/ovs-vswitchd: invalid option -- 'n'

Could you please let me know the correction option to use in the above ?

I looked around and didn't find much documentation...so if possible could you please update the INSTALL.DPDK and other documents to reflect the current options to use with dpdk ?

Thanks!
Vinod

> On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 07:58:47PM +0000, Hari Sasank Bhamidipalli (hbhamidi) wrote:
>> I see an option -dpdk in ovs-vswitchd. What is this used for ? I don't see any such option when I do
>>
>> Ovs-vswitchd -help.
>
> Pravin, it looks like the ovs-vswitchd manpage and "ovs-vswitchd --help"
> fails to document the dpdk options.  Can you add some appropriate
> documentation?

Sure, I will send patch.