[ovs-discuss] ovs del-port does not clean up ethX.Y vlan interfaces

Madhur Sethi madhur at attivonetworks.com
Tue Sep 30 15:59:26 UTC 2014

Hi Ben,

There seems to be another problem here with the VLAN Splinters.

ovs-vsctl add port eth2 trunks 105

ovs-vsctl add port eth2 trunks 104

[root at XXX-BServer01 backend_ui_script]# ovs-vsctl get port eth2 trunks

[104, 105]

[root at XXX-BServer01 backend_ui_script]# ifconfig | grep eth2

eth2      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:25:90:EA:28:E2

eth2.104  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:25:90:EA:28:E2

eth2.105  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:25:90:EA:28:E2

If I now add another port eth3 to the bridge, it automatically creates following interfaces:

[root at XXX-BServer01 backend_ui_script]# ifconfig | grep eth3

eth3      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:25:90:EA:28:E3

eth3.104  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:25:90:EA:28:E3

eth3.105  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:25:90:EA:28:E3

Even though I want to use eth3 with other VLANs . Can you please look into this?

I am already on kernel 3.10.

Regards,

Madhur