[ovs-discuss] (no subject)

Alex Wang alexw at nicira.com
Wed Apr 1 17:32:15 UTC 2015

I'm trying to reproduce your issue, have few questions,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 2:28 AM, Ben Schmidt <crackhd2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mailinglist,
>
> I have a Problem with a VM Box that should use LACP bonding with tagged
> VLAN ports.
>
> Everything is up and running as I want to to, my Problem is that the speed
> is horrible. A simple ssh login takes 30ish seconds that 's why I spend a
> hour on debugging OpenSSH only to find out that iperf is showing
> interesting results.

For ssh, you mean ssh via vmbr1 or the vlan ports?

> When I run iperf in Server mode on Box-A (OVS) and Box-B represents the
> iperf Client (untagged VLAN Port, same Switch, same Subnet) I get I get
> around 937MB/s. The other way around I barely get results because of
> timeouts.

Could you tell more about the iperf test (maybe the commands)?

What is the 'ovs-vsctl show' output of Box-B?  For traffic sent from
untagged VLAN port of Box-B, the vmbr0 of Box-A should not forward it
to tagged VLAN ports.

Thanks,
Alex Wang,