[ovs-discuss] Current status of in-kernel openvswitch module (as of 3.18)

Alexey I. Froloff raorn at raorn.name
Thu Apr 16 14:34:24 UTC 2015

Is it safe to use in-kernel openvswitch module?  I was always
sceptical about it, because OVS's datapath module always was more
up to date.  On the other hand, latest OVS (2.3.1) doesn't work
with 3.18 kernel, which we are trying to use.

So, how stable is combination of OVS 2.3.1, kernel 3.18 and
in-kernel openvswitch module?  As I can see from the code, it
even supports GRE/VxLAN tunnels, which is good.  Our primary use
for Open vSwitch is OpenStack, if that matters.

--
Regards,    --
Sir Raorn.   --- https://plus.google.com/+AlexeyFroloff