[ovs-discuss] Do you support Q-in-Q(802.1ad) or have any plans?

백광현(Fraud-Call Control Projec) kh.baek at kt.com
Fri Apr 17 06:51:06 UTC 2015

Hello,

Do you support Q-in-Q(802.1ad) or have any plans?
I saw the mails that he was working on a patch for Q-in-Q by Thomas F Herbert on 21 Aug 2014.
(https://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@openvswitch.org/msg10722.html)
(https://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@openvswitch.org/msg10722.html)

I also saw the mail that Thomas said “You can try our patch for 802.1ad but you will have to build OVS from source.”
and “As is the case with 802.1ad, openflow spec supports 802.1ah (PBB) but OVS doesn't support it as yet.”
(https://www.mail-archive.com/discuss%40openvswitch.org/msg12009.html)

I don’t understand what Thomas means
Is Q-in-Q(802.1ad) support or not?
If you support that, how can I apply that?
The other, would you please tell me the plan to support Q-in-Q?

Regards
Baek

이 메일은 지정된 수취인만을 위해 작성되었으며, 중요한 정보나 저작권을 포함하고 있을 수 있습니다. 어떠한 권한 없이, 본 문서에 포함된 정보의 전부 또는 일부를 무단으로 제3자에게 공개, 배포, 복사 또는 사용하는 것을 엄격히 금지합니다. 만약, 본 메일이 잘못 전송된 경우, 발신인 또는 당사에 알려주시고, 본 메일을 즉시 삭제하여 주시기 바랍니다.
This E-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this email by mistake, please either delete it without reproducing, distributing or retaining copies thereof or notify the sender immediately.