[ovs-discuss] ECMP configuration on openvswitch

Lavanya M.K mk.lavanya at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 07:45:08 UTC 2015

Hello Peter,

I am using the leafandspine.py script to set up ECMP on Mininet. The
controller used is OpenDayLight. When i run the script, the topology is
incorrect in OpenDayLight GUI. Some of the links are missing. The flow
rules are installed correctly on the switches, but the topology information
gets messed up in the controller. Any idea why the script would work in
such a way?
The switch no longer forwards any packet to the controller for routing.
Would this mean that the controller is unable to get the topology
information from switch? I presumed that the default rule for sending
packets to controller is only for data packet and not control packets.
Kindly correct me if i am wrong.

OpenDayLight version used is Hydrogen.

Thanks,
Lavanya