[ovs-discuss] Sflow packet samples in Openstack environment on OVS bridge

harsh jain harshjain32 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 05:31:01 UTC 2015

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reply.

What is the difference in vSwitch configuration in Openstack environment
 and in standalone use. if i try to enable sflow on OVS-bridge having
following setup. It captures packet in both direction. I think I am not
able to understand exactly what ingress means.

In PC
eth0--> br0-->tap0 (mktun command) --> Passed the tap device to qemu to
launch VM.

In compute node
VM-->tap-->Linux Bridge --veth pair-->br-int(sflow enabled)-veth
pair->br-tun

Actually We can not use br-ex to enable flow because sflow sample contain
GRE header.

Thanks & Regards
Harsh Jain