[ovs-discuss] Skip testsuite.patch application during compilation

Gurucharan Shetty shettyg at nicira.com
Thu Apr 23 14:05:27 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 2:53 AM, Stokes, Ian <ian.stokes at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm attempting to compile OVS with DPDK on CentOS 6.6 and I am hitting an issue with testsuite.patch failing to apply during the last stages of compilation. I can see that the structure of the code in ovs/tests/testsuite itself is very different to what testsuite.patch expects (hence why it fails).

Do you see the same problem while compiling OVS without dpdk on
Centos6.6? The patch was added a couple of months ago and I have not
seen any build failures because of that either in Windows or Linux.
The patch was added thinking that the build does not fail anywhere.
But it looks like it does and I wonder whether it is because of a
different autoconf version or something along those lines? Do see the
failures on Ubuntu?

> Looking at first few lines of code below from testsuite.patch it seems this patch is only relevant if running in a windows environment
That is true.