[ovs-discuss] why 'ovs-vsctl add-port br dev' DO NOT check dev is really exist or not ?
felix_zw at 126.com
Mon Apr 27 12:02:01 UTC 2015
I am testing ovs 2.3.1 in openstack; when i reboot machine, the network service in my VMs is not work any more until i restart the ovs service.
1. VM-1 is binding with tap: tape502841a-f4
2. when machine reboot, OVS service is down first and the info of tape502841a-f4 is store in ovs-db
3. libvirt destory the instance and delete tape502841a-f4
4. machine start and bootup the OVS service, OVS read the ovs-db and will add-port br-int tape502841a-f4, but failed to add into datapath because tape502841a-f4 is not create yet.
5. libvirt start instance and create tape502841a-f4
6. the network service of instance is not work because of tape502841a-f4 is not in datapath
This lead to the PORT is different between ovs-db and ovs-datapath, and i have to restart ovs service to make it work.
I am wonder why OVS do not check the DEV is really exist in system first when run 'ovs-vsctl add-port BRIDGE DEV' ? and How to solve this problem?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the discuss