[ovs-discuss] Added new field in flow.h. But the xlate_actions gives mask value zero.

jimson chacko jimsonchacko at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 08:59:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am using version 2.3.0 of OVS.

I have added a new filed (eg; gtp tunnel id) and changed FLOW_WC_SEQ.
Compiled the code. All the errors given by the compiler were fixed.

I added a flow with ofctl add-flow command and retrieved the same using
ofctl dump-flows. Output shows both value and mask as in the input.

When I sent traffic to the vswitch, the kernel module throws the exception
packet with the NL Key filled in properly with the new attribute along with
other attributes present in the packet.

xlate_actions should identify the flow in the flow table and should give me
the proper mask value for the new field in xout. But the mask value is
coming as zero.

Can you let me know what the issue could be ? Is there any issue with the
minimask etc ?

Awaiting your reply.

Regards
Jimson