[ovs-discuss] If there are any information/documents for the source code of open vswitch, May I get them?

최익성 pnk003 at naver.com
Wed Aug 5 13:29:36 UTC 2015

Dear experts.

I am Ick-Sung Choi living in South Korea.

Thank you very much for your excellent contribution and excellent work for open vswitch.

I started to study the source code of open vswitch. I have little knowledge about open vswitch.

It is hard for me to study the source code because it has much function pointer calls.
(I can't use static function call analysis due to it).

It is very hard for me what sequences the functions are executed.

If there are any information/documents for the source code of open vswitch, would you sent them to me?

I specially interested in datapath, ovs-vswitchd, and ovs-ofctl.

It will be very helpful for my study, and it can save my times.

I will really appreciate if I can be given them.

And I have another question.

Usually, the master and slave processes are executed in parallel by using fork() function.

The open vswitch seems not to use fork function.

Should I run the program multiple times?

Thank you very much.

Sincerely Yours,

Ick-Sung Choi.