[ovs-discuss] [ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 2.4.0 Available
federico.iezzi at hp.com
Tue Aug 25 07:27:16 UTC 2015
Great works guys!
From: announce [mailto:announce-bounces at openvswitch.org] On Behalf Of Justin Pettit
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 7:52 PM
To: discuss <discuss at openvswitch.org>; announce at openvswitch.org
Subject: [ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 2.4.0 Available
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 2.4.0:
This release contains the largest number of new features of an Open vSwitch release. A few feature highlights of 2.4.0 include:
- Support for the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (IEEE 802.1D-2004).
- Support for multicast snooping (IGMPv1, IGMPv2 and IGMPv3).
- A new "conjunctive match" OpenFlow extension that allows flows to be
constructed without introducing a Cartesian Product explosion.
- Add bash command-line completion for most CLI commands.
- Support for transactional flow updates through OpenFlow 1.4 Bundles.
- A number of new features from the latest OpenFlow specifications.
- A simple wrapper script, 'ovs-docker', to integrate OVS with Docker
- Support for STT and basic Geneve tunneling in Linux kernels.
- Support for VXLAN Group Policy extension.
- Support for DPDK Tunneling. VXLAN, GRE, and Geneve are supported
- Support for DPDK vHost.
- And many others. See the full change log here:
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
announce mailing list
announce at openvswitch.org
More information about the discuss