[ovs-discuss] Questions about OVS learn action

Tim Nelson tbnelson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:37:21 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have two questions about using the learn action to create and manipulate
new rules:

* Can I use the learn action to delete or modify a rule? The delete_learned
flag for learn-action rules isn't what I need, since it only deletes
learned rules
after the learn-action rule is itself deleted. I need to delete rules
without
controller involement.

* Can a learn-action rule produce rules that themselves have the learn
action?
I'd like to create a cascade of rules that create other rules, but it looks
as
if the learn action is limited to output and field modification.

For reference, I'm looking at this man page:
  http://openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs/ovs-ofctl.8.txt

Cheers,
- Tim