[ovs-discuss] OVS with VLANs

David Fernández david at dit.upm.es
Fri Aug 28 02:21:22 UTC 2015

Hi Sundar,

Maybe the problem could be that you have to tell your br-int switch that the port that connects to enp1s0 is a trunk interface and carries VLAN 3.

Something like the following command issued in host 3 could do the job:

  ovs-vsctl set port enp1s0 trunk=3

Just in case it is useful, in VNX (Virtual Networks over linuX, http://vnx.dit.upm.es) site we have an example scenario using OVS and VLANs:

http://web.dit.upm.es/vnxwiki/index.php/Vnx-tutorial-openvswitch

In section 4 in that page you can find the ovs-vsctl commands that VNX tool issues to create the scenario and configure VLANs.

Best regards,
David Fernández
Profesor Titular
Dpto. Ingeniería de Sistemas Telemáticos
E.T.S.I. Telecomunicación
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
e-mail: david at dit.upm.es