[ovs-discuss] A Question about the scale of OVS's forwarding database and hash map

Dan Huang huangdan226 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:51:54 UTC 2015

Hi

I am interested in the scalability of OVS. Supporse that I want to deploy a
virtual network on a large cluster (multiple sites). The number of nodes
might be ( 1000- 5000) and the VMs about ( 10000-50000).
If each node has an OVS. And OVSs are connected to full mesh topology. Then
the forwarding db at least contains 10000 by 10000 to 50000 by 50000
entries. Will this scale of setting cause some issues on OVS ?  For
example, delayed forwarding or cache missing increasing? I know that OVS
can cache the forwarding entries in HMap.

Thanks

Dan

--
Best Regards