[ovs-discuss] problem in mirroring interfaces' traffic (just egress packets is mirrored)

Mehrnaz Abdollahi mehrnaz.as7901 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 08:47:40 UTC 2015

I'm trying to mirror all incoming/outgoing traffic of an interface "eth0" on VM04, to another interface "eth1" on VM01, using open Vswtich integrated with neutron in openstack.Both VMs are in one subnet , using ubuntu and promisc mode is enabled on compute and VMs.the output of "ovs-vsctl show" command on my compute node is here.
 ovs-vsctl -- set Bridge br-int mirrors=@m \ -- --id=@vif4.0 get Port qvocb9f960c-fa \ -- --id=@vif1.0 get Port qvo7b814729-7e \ -- --id=@m create Mirror name=mirror1 \ select-dst-port=@vif4.0 \ select-src-port=@vif4.0 \ output-port=@vif1.0
after that, on my compute node, I can see all traffics using tcpdump command, but on VM01, I can just see "request" traffics; not "responds":

I don't know why and how can I fix it to mirror all traffics.

I asked it here, too.

|   |
| problem in mirroring interfaces' traffic using OVSI'm trying to mirror all incoming/outgoing traffic of an interface "eth0" on VM04, to another interface "eth1" on VM01, using open Vswtich integrated with neutron i... |
|  |
| View on unix.stackexchange.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |