[ovs-discuss] Configuring in-band control

Pedro Maia pmaia at lasige.di.fc.ul.pt
Thu Dec 17 14:09:29 UTC 2015

No, in mininet by default each switch is “directly” connected to the controller.
You configure a ip address at each switch in a interface that is also used to forward traffic, this way it will always have the “in-band behaviour”.
When you do this openvswitch will create a few hidden flows with a higher priority that the controller can configure which you will able to see executing “ovs-appctl bridge/dump-flows s1”.

Regards,
Pedro