[ovs-discuss] mirroring from interfaces from multiple bridges to one destination interface

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Sat Dec 19 00:09:15 UTC 2015

> On Dec 16, 2015, at 10:19 AM, Benoît <benoitne at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I got 3 OVS bridges in a single host and I use the mirroring function in ovs.
> Is there any way to have interfaces from different ovs bridges and copy the traffic to one destination interface?
>
> The reason why is that my monitoring system works better with one interface only and it is more complicated to manage with 3 destination interfaces (1 per each bridge)
> Is there a tips to do like a remote span (one source interface from a bridge to a destination interface from another bridge)

I wonder if you could create a fourth bridge and connect your monitoring system to that.  Then, I think you could create a patch port that is the mirror target in each bridge and have the other end of each patch port plug into that fourth bridge.  You might need to modify that bridge's flow table to direct traffic into the monitoring system's port, since if you wouldn't want mac learning to happen.  I haven't tried it, but it works in my head.  :-)

--Justin