[ovs-discuss] Decrease in delay with increase in input traffic rate

Uzzam Javed 13mseeujaved at seecs.edu.pk
Sat Dec 19 17:11:30 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reply. The Y-axis shows the number of times a delay value on
X-axis occurs.

The router which I am using is Mikrotik RouterBoard 750GL, and I have
erased the factory installed firmware. As a replacement, I have installed
for OpenWRT ‘Chaos Calmer’ with Open vSwitch 2.1.2 (OvS) package. I have
configured OVS by adding a bridge, ports to it and controller through
‘ovs-vsctl’ command. I am using Distributed Internet Traffic Generator for
generating traffic.

I have repeated the experiments on GENI using OVS as an OpenFlow switch
configured as explained in the this tutorial
http://groups.geni.net/geni/wiki/GENIExperimenter/Tutorials/OpenFlowOVS/DesignSetup
. The same set of experiments are repeated on Mininet using OVS switch. The
results of all the experiments are same that as the rate increases overall
delay decreases.

I am using OVS in all the three platforms.

Any specific reason for decrease in delay? Does it relate to how OVS is
processing the flows and can I verify it somehow?

Uzzam