[ovs-discuss] Where is the document for some matching fields and actions

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Dec 23 21:21:38 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 08:53:23PM +0800, ZHANG Zhiming wrote:

>    Recently, I found some matching fields or actions of OVS are used in openstack, but no documents are found in 'man ovs-ofctl', 'man ovs-appctl' or 'man ovs-dpctl' etc.
>    Such as arp_op=1, load:2->NXM_OF_IN_PORT[].
>    Could someone help me find out?

The documentation for arp_op was missing.  I sent out a fix:
        https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/560739/

The names on "load" are the names of NXM or OXM fields.  They are not
listed in the documentation but you can find them in lib/meta-flow.h in
the source tree or (for OXM) in the OpenFlow specification.  If you use
"set_field" instead of "load" then you can use the names documented in
ovs-ofctl(8).