[ovs-discuss] Where is the document for some matching fields and actions

ZHANG Zhiming zhangzhiming at yunshan.net.cn
Thu Dec 24 06:44:56 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

Thanks again!

It's necessary for me to update to latest version.

Best regards,

ZHANG Zhiming
Yunshan Networks

From: Ben Pfaff
Date: 2015-12-24 14:39
To: ZHANG Zhiming
CC: discuss
Subject: Re: Re: [ovs-discuss] Where is the document for some matching fields and actions
On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 02:34:01PM +0800, ZHANG Zhiming wrote:
> Does it mean that no future works are planned for the document of NXM fields?

I've been working on a project to better document fields for a while.
I'm not done yet.

> Another field named metadata also cannot be found in document.

This one is documented already:

       metadata=value[/mask]
              Matches  value either exactly or with optional mask in the meta‐
              data field. value and mask are 64-bit integers,  by  default  in
              decimal (use a 0x prefix to specify hexadecimal). Arbitrary mask
              values are allowed: a 1-bit in mask indicates  that  the  corre‐
              sponding  bit in value must match exactly, and a 0-bit wildcards
              that bit. Matching on metadata was added in Open vSwitch 1.8.