[ovs-discuss] Problem compiling ovs with dist-hooks-git in Makefile.am

Dani Camps danicamps81 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:29:02 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I have cloned openvswitch into a private git repository and when
compiling with make I get an error that the distribution is missing
files in dist-hooks-git.

The error comes from this line in Makefile.am:

(cd $(srcdir) && git ls-files) | grep -v '\.gitignore$$' | \
sort -u > all-gitfiles;

Because in my case the grep statement, which I understand should
filter out all files ignored in .gitignore, is not filtering anything.

I am no expert on grep expressions, but I was wondering if this could
be missing the -f modifier if what we want is to take the search
expressions from a file.

Any help is appreciated. I copy my .gitignore at the end of the mail.

Best Regards

Daniel

#*#
*.a