[ovs-discuss] debugging openvswitch command-line clients

david jhon djhon9813 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 19:12:09 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your response.

It means that after setting up a break point at cmd_show() method and
attaching gdb to ovsdb-server pid (i.e., gdb ovs-vsctl.o
--pid=ovsdb-serverpid), I am not able to debug this specific file as single
stepping results in the following output:
     (gdb) n
     Single stepping until exit from function __kernel_vsyscall,
     which has no line number information.
     Warning:
     Cannot insert breakpoint 1.
     Cannot access memory at address 0x9353

please guide me what I am doing wrong. how gdb can be used to debug
openvswitch. Thank you!

Kind Regards,