[ovs-discuss] suse linux support

Eugene Istomin E.Istomin at edss.ee
Tue Feb 3 08:38:19 UTC 2015

Hello,

Yes, SLE12 & openSUSE fully supports OVS.
You can try openSUSE 2.3.90 OVS package from our repo -
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:conecenter:suse_rev4/ope
nvswitch[1]

/---/
*/Best regards,/*
/Eugene Istomin/

Dears,

I install the latest openvswitch on Suse Linux following the steps in
INSTALL.md. The ovsdb-server and ovs-vswitchd start successfully and work
well. And ovs-vsctl can also create bridges. However, when I try to add a
port to the new bridge using "ovs-vsctl add-port ovs0 tap0", the system is
broken and reboot. Neither system log nor open-vswitch.log output any
useful infomation.

Do I miss anything? Does openvswitch supports suse linux?

My software versions are ovs-vsctl 2.3.90, and Suse Linux (SLES 12). \

Thanks.

刘玉恒hengly

--------
[1]