[ovs-discuss] ovsdb update operation

vis reddy badveli_vishnuus at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 20:09:41 UTC 2015

Hello All,Going through rfc 7047
The operation updates rows in a table.  It searches "table" for rows
   that match all the conditions specified in "where".  For each
   matching row, it changes the value of each column specified in "row"
   to the value for that column specified in "row".
I am not able to find out if there is an operation which tries to find a row that match conditions and if does not exist, it can insert, how do we achieve some thing like this?
this is useful as I do not have a idea if the row is existing i would want to update itor insert it if it does not exist. Should i always use select followed by insert or update operations.
ThanksVishnu