[ovs-discuss] Flow format not supported for OF1.3 (ovs2.1)

Krishna Pratap singh.pratapkrishna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 21:37:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

Im trying to add a flow which modifies the traffic source IP adress before
sending the packet-in to the controller and the flow wouldn't apply.
My switch is set to start with OF1.3 and im using ovs2.1 version. here are
the commands and the output .

------------------------
ovs-vsctl add-br br0
ovs-vsctl set bridge br0 protocol=OpenFlow13

Flow added:

ovs-ofctl -O OpenFlow13 add-flow br0
in_port=9,actions=output:1,mod_nw_src:'192.1.1.1',controller:663

here is the message I get when i try to do it

ovs-ofctl: none of the usable flow formats (OpenFlow10,NXM) is among the
allowed flow formats (OXM-OpenFlow13)

If I enable OpenFlow10 along with OpenFlow13 then Im able to add the above
flow successfully . Is there a way to add the flow without enabling OF1.0 ?
am I missing anything in the flow? any help would be great.

KP