[ovs-discuss] toit (Open vSwitch Integration Testsuite) pushed to OPNFV

Finucane, Stephen stephen.finucane at intel.com
Wed Feb 25 15:31:23 UTC 2015

Folks,

We've pushed a good chunk of our integration test framework, known as 'toit' (The Open vSwitch Integration Testsuite), to the OPNFV community. You can find the mail with links to the reviews here:

	http://lists.opnfv.org/pipermail/opnfv-tech-discuss/2015-February/001244.html

'toit' is an integration/performance testing framework I developed to replace a legacy, Bash-based one we used for Intel DPDK vSwitch. We use 'toit' to validate any significant changes we make to Open vSwitch (such as the vHost RFC) and also run it in our nightly builds to highlight any performance issues that may have made their way into upstream master.

The expectation is that 'toit' will be refactored to genericize it for different switches/platforms (it currently focuses on Open vSwitch w/ DPDK datapath on Fedora). However, there's a good chance that, given a little work (mainly making use of libvirt/vagrant for VMs + supporting other datapath types), much of it would be suitable for use in the integration test framework that appears to be in development:

	http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2015-January/016235.html

The OPNFV mail includes links to the actual Gerrit reviews (note that you will require Linux Foundation credentials to access this). I also have slides that I can share (does the mailing list support attachments?). I would welcome feedback on any aspect of the framework, should it interest anyone.

Cheers,
Stephen