[ovs-discuss] BUG

Scott Lowe scott.lowe at scottlowe.org
Thu Feb 26 06:45:03 UTC 2015

Please see my responses inline, prefixed by [SL].

jayakeerthi k <jayakeerthik82 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> i couldn't able to resolve the issue with above steps.i got the following error in virt-manager.
>
> Error starting domain: Unable to add bridge 1511 port vnet0: Operation not supported
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 96, in cb_wrapper
>     callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 117, in tmpcb
>     callback(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1162, in startup
>     self._backend.create()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 866, in create
>     if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
> libvirtError: Unable to add bridge 1511 port vnet0: Operation not supported

[SL] Jayakeerthi, does an OVS bridge named "1511" exist? If not, then you'll
see an error.

Did you edit the libvirt domain XML to be sure to tell libvirt that you're
using OVS? If not, then you'll see an error.

It's entirely possible (I don't use virt-manager, so I don't know for
certain) that this is a virt-manager issue. Have you tried using virsh
instead of virt-manager?

--
Scott