[ovs-discuss] Failure building ovs on Freebsd 9.3

Alex Wang alexw at nicira.com
Sat Jan 3 02:40:56 UTC 2015

Hey Yamamoto,

Having trouble building ovs on my freebsd 9.3 release (VM).

I installed 'gmake, automake, python27, py27-xml, openssl', and the
clang version is: 3.4.1 (I had same issue with gcc as well).

When I execute `./boot.sh ; ./configure; gmake -j32` on ovs master,
I failed with

*/usr/include/netinet/ip6.h:82: error: field 'ip6_src' has incomplete type*

*/usr/include/netinet/ip6.h:83: error: field 'ip6_dst' has incomplete type*
Seems to me, there is something wrong with the POSIX macro tests
which caused the /usr/include/netinet6/in6.h not included.

Have you encountered similar issue?~  Is there any special
configuration (not included in INSTALL.NetBSD) for make and make
check ovs?

Thanks,
Alex Wang,