[ovs-discuss] Difference seen in OVSDB initialization with & without DPDK

Shankari Vaidyalingam shankari.v.2014 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 00:11:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

I tried executing the steps for initializing the OVSDB-server and the OVS
given in the below link:

networkstatic.net/installing-and-configuring-openvswitch-on-ubuntu-12-04-precise-pangolin/

I'm using Ubuntu Trusty tahr, OVS version 2.3.1

I was able to get the OVS working for the build which I compiled without
DPDK.
But with DPDK_BUILD configured in the Makefile the build produced "Database
connection refused" error and the OVS was not getting started because of
this error. Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

Enclosed the logs separately for "without DPDK" build and for "With DPDK"
build

Regards,
Shankari.V