[ovs-discuss] Resending request for a new API between controller and switch

Ashok Chippa a.n.chippa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 07:24:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

Could someone please let me know if my request can be accomodated...

I have asked a few times for this before, but I'll ask again:

Basically, I need a new ofp_type support... something like
OFPT_GET_FLOWID_REQUEST and OFPT_GET_FLOWID_RESPONSE.

Looking for an API, that given certain match parameters in an ofp_type
OFPT_GET_FLOWID_REQUEST message, returns a FLOWID (or cookie)... in the
OFPT_GET_FLOWID_RESPONSE message.

Basically take that part of the "ovs-ofctl add-flow <bridge-name>
<flow>"... code that determines the flow_id and use it to implement the
above API. In this API the flow comes from the OFPT_GET_FLOWID_REQUEST
instead of the "ovs-ofctl add-flow..." CLI...

Please someone let me know if this can be added.. or if I should add it...
If later, could someone kindly guide me to where supoprt for "ovs-ofctl
add-flow..." resides...

Thanks,
Ashok