[ovs-discuss] Status of LISP control plane and LISP GPE support

Lori Jakab lojakab at cisco.com
Tue Jan 6 10:56:06 UTC 2015

On 12/25/2014 10:33 AM, xu cai wrote:
> hi Expert,
> may i know the roadmap of LISP control plane and LISP GPE support ?
> thanks in advance.

We had a discussion on IRC about potentially using the liblisp library
from the LISPmob project for LISP control plane support in OVS, but
there is no ongoing work in that direction right now.

However, you can use the OpenDaylight controller's LISP Flow Mapping
project as a LISP control plane for now.  A tutorial for that can be
found here:

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/docs/job/docs-helium-stable-deploy/ws/manuals/developers-guide/target/docbkx/webhelp/bk-developers-guide/content/_developer_tutorial.html

There is no roadmap that I know of for LISP GPE either, although that's
something that we would like to see as well.

-Lori