[ovs-discuss] SetAsyncConfig in OpenFlow 1.4

Shaoyu Zhang zsy056 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:35:30 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I want to use SetAsyncConfig message to enable several kinds of Async
Messages. The Open vSwitch is set to OpenFlow 1.4 mode.
However, after sending the SetAsyncConfig message, I cannot receive
any PACKET_IN any more, but the same controller side code works
if we use a Pica8 physical switch.

Here's the content OFPGetAsyncReply after sending the config message:
 OFPGetAsyncReply:
[OFPAsyncConfigPropReasons(length=8,mask=63,type=1),
 OFPAsyncConfigPropReasons(length=8,mask=7,type=3),
 OFPAsyncConfigPropReasons(length=8,mask=63,type=5)]

I'm using Open vSwitch 2.3.0
Has anyone came across this kind of issue or can help me figure out
what may be wrong?

And also some properties seems to be missing in GetAsyncReply,
such as ROLE_STATUS, TABLE_STATUS, while the specification
says ' In a OFPT_GET_ASYNC_REPLY message,
all properties must be included.'

Thanks.

Best regards,
Shaoyu