[ovs-discuss] Does OpenVswitch support IP over Infiniband yet?

Chris Beasley Chris at waxery.com
Tue Jan 13 20:48:23 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

Thanks.  Sorry I suppose I should have been a little more specific.

The issue that I can tell (from recent posts on the Citrix support forum) relates to the length of the MAC address.  Infiniband HBA's appear to have a length greater than 6 bytes (?) which was the limit I found OVS uses for MAC addresses in various posts.  This renders OVS from working when bridging Infiniband cards to Virtual Machines as it truncates to the MAC to 6 bytes and therefore cannot  use the HBA.  Using linux bridging does work, but for things like Xenserver I'm not sure what it would mean.

Cheers,

Chris