[ovs-discuss] Enable OpenFlow 1.3 permanently on OVS 1.11.0

Kevin Neuenfeldt kevin.neuenfeldt at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jan 20 14:07:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

for my bachelor thesis I am trying to implement an application on the
Ryu controller platform. For this purpose I downloaded the VM image from
their website which has mininet, OpenVSwitch and Ryu preinstalled and
preconfigured.

OVS is included in version 1.11.0 and OpenFlow 1.3 is disabled by
default. I searched the internet for many hours on how to enable
OpenFlow 1.3. The only thing I found was that I can use the `ovs-vsctl`
command to do this job. This works fine but as soon as I shutdown the
mininet I have to enter this command again for all switches. The problem
is that I have to restart mininet very frequently and that the number of
switches will rise into hundreds in the near future.

So is there any possibility to enable OpenFlow 1.3 globally and permanently?

Regards,
Kevin