[ovs-discuss] Need steps for submitting a patch to the OVS code repository

Gurucharan Shetty shettyg at nicira.com
Tue Jan 20 23:15:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Shankari Vaidyalingam
<shankari.v.2014 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would be great if someone can let me know the stepwise instructions for
> submitting a patch into the OVS code repository.

https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

I would suggest that you send an e-mail to yourself using 'git
send-email' after 'git format-patch' in one local repo where you
created your patch and then save your received email and apply it on a
different local repo using 'git am' where that change does not exists.