[ovs-discuss] query regarding outer ethernet header formation for gre encapsulated packet

Mohit Malik hr.mohit.malik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:12:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am trying to understand the GRE encapsulation functionality of OVS. I
have seen the flow of the packet in case of gre encapsulation, the flow is
like :-

do_output -> ovs_vport_send -> gre_send -> __send -> __build_header(to
build gre header) + iptunnel_xmit(to build and send ip packet)

So, in this flow I am not able to see the place in code, where outer
ethernet frame is getting attached and also the place where packet is
actually sent out.

Please help me finding the appropriate code part.

Thanks
Mohit