[ovs-discuss] bug when OpenFlow switch fall back to normal switch

Tim Huang pdshly at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 04:43:30 UTC 2015

Hi there,

I am doing some lab for OpenFlow switch, which connected to the controller, falling back to None OpenFlow switch and found that after falling back, the switch flow may not be correct in the kernel space.

Here is the screenshot for ports on the switch

Broadcast flow for the port 45

that’s correct, when port 45 receives the broadcast, it should forward it to all other ports.

However, for port 46

It will only forward the broadcast to the port 47,48, where the port 45 should also be included.

The only problem for bug tracking is I can not find a way to reproduce the bug every time. But what I can be sure is the  frequency will be higher if the topology is more complicated.

Here is my topology for you as the reference. It almost happens for every time when I fall back S8 and S9 to from OpenFlow to Normal Switch.

Thanks
Tim