[ovs-discuss] Performance on Openstack Kilo

Dave Johnston Dave.Johnston at owmobility.com
Sat Jul 4 08:34:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've been running some load tests on Openstack Kilo with CentOS 7.1 and OVS 2.3.1.

The out of the box performance seems to be poor, I can only manage around 21000 TPS (web requests).

That equates to roughty

  239309.20 txpck/s or  276117.34 txkB/s

This post indicates that with OVS > 2.1 and megaflows I should be seeing signficanlty higher than that

http://networkheresy.com/tag/megaflows/

megaflows | Network Heresy
Posts about megaflows written by justindpettit
Read more...<http://networkheresy.com/tag/megaflows/>

Is the megaflows features something that can be switched off/on at runtime, or is there a way to verify if it was enabled?

Thanks