[ovs-discuss] Problem in using packet values against register values in ovs-flow

Pritam Kharat pritamkharat10221 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:32:54 UTC 2015

Hi All,

1) In a ovs flow how do I load a nw_src with mask value  from a packet to
register say reg0 ? Doc says we can load only integer or hex value to a
register ? Is there any way to do it ?

e.g
*table=0,<flow-match>,actions=load:(nw_src/mask)->NXM_NX_REG0[],load:(nw_dst/mask)->NXM_NX_REG1[],resubmit(,1)*

2) Can we create ovs flow which compares values in two registers. ?
 e.g * match -> table=1,reg0==reg1*
*       actions -> drop*

What I am trying to do is, see if packet is destined to vm of same subnet.
If yes then drop the packet.This I want to do using registers so that way I
will have only one flow ?

3) Can I compare value from packet with value in register ?

e.g *table=1,nw_src=reg0,actions=drop*

How do we do it through ovs-ofctl command if possible and  if not, then
what can be other way ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Pritam Kharat