[ovs-discuss] Learning OVS - Bonding / LACP on Ubuntu

yas nak yass524 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 8 12:32:07 UTC 2015

Hi Forum
I am really new to OVS and trying to understand.  I am trying to get LACP bonding to work on Ubuntu 14.04 and cisco switch.
I have configured the cisco 2960CG switch with the following configinterface Port-channel1 switchport mode trunk!interface GigabitEthernet0/1 switchport mode trunk channel-protocol lacp channel-group 1 mode active!interface GigabitEthernet0/2 switchport mode trunk channel-protocol lacp channel-group 1 mode active
 On my Ubuntu x64 14.04.02 server I have installed openvswitch-switch.  I have configured /etc/network/interfaces as

auto loiface lo inet loopback
auto p2p1iface p2p1 inet manual
auto p3p1iface p3p1 inet manual## OVS Bridge#auto vmbr0iface vmbr0 inet manual  ovs_type OVSBridge  ovs_ports bond0 vlan1
allow-vmbr0 bond0iface bond0 inet manual  ovs_bridge vmbr0  ovs_type OVSBond  ovs_bonds p2p1 p3p1  ovs_options bond_mode=balance-tcp lacp=active other_config:lacp-time=fast other_config:trunks=1 allow-vmbr0 vlan1iface vlan1 inet dhcp  ovs_type OVSIntPort  ovs_bridge vmbr0  ovs_options tag=1
I can see using tcpdump -i p2p1 that the DHCP request is being responded on my PC but VLAN1 never gets an IP assigned to the interface VLAN1
Could someone point me towards what I have configured incorrectly?
Thanks
Yas