[ovs-discuss] On TCP_CRR test setup in "Accelerating Open vSwitch to “Ludicrous Speed”"

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:54:03 UTC 2015

On 8 July 2015 at 21:39, Yousong Zhou <yszhou4tech at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, list
>
> I am doing some performance tests for the preparation of upgrading
> Open vSwitch from 1.11.0 to 2.3.2.  However, with TCP_CRR, I can only
> achieve about 130k tps (last time I got only 40k because of a .debug
> type kernel), not even close to the reported 680k from the blog post
> [0].  I also found other available reports [1, 2] but those results
> were even worse and not consistent with each other.

Hi, I just found the 680k tps TCP_CRR test result in the nsdi2015
paper "The design and implementation of Open vSwitch" [1].  Hmm, the
120k tps in section "Cache layer performance" is similar to what I
have got.  But how were they boosted to 688k for both Linux bridge and
Open vSwitch in section "Comparison to in-kernel switch"?

 [1] https://www.usenix.org/conference/nsdi15/technical-sessions/presentation/pfaff

Regards

                yousong