[ovs-discuss] custom match layer 3-4

David Evans davidjoshuaevans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:55:39 UTC 2015

Hi Ben & Co,

I¹m trying to add matches for specific types of GRE protocols as per the
GRE header protocol type.
I have added code in what I think are  in flow.c match.c and odp-util.c
and ofp-util.c etc.

But I don¹t quite get how a mini flow is assembled and matched.

I got a match to add because in miniflow_extract (lib/flow.c)  I push my
field in using miniflow_push_be16(mf, gre_type,gre_type);
BUT when I get to odp_key_from_flow__  I find  data->gre_type is zero in
the incoming flow structure.
So I don¹t get how that is supposed to be populated.

Any pointers?

(all my work is with userspace dpdk netdev so no netlink to driver or
datapath/flow.c etc involved.)

Warmest Regards and thanks.

Dave.